[Comtec Announce] [IP Voice Services] Service Alert 9th July 2015

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Thu Jul 9 12:44:21 BST 2015

This is an incident notification regarding IP Voice Services.

Date: Thursday, 9th July 2015
Start time: 13:10 BST (UTC+0100)
End time: 13:23 BST (UTC+0100)

Services affected:

IP Voice Services.

Report:

Customers on the IPVS platform experienced high packet loss and
consequently dropped calls, dropped registrations and generally
experienced poor quality of service.

We traced the issue to a third party circuit providing transport to
the IP Voice Services. We have taken this circuit out of service and
the issue has been resolved. Traffic to IPVS is currently flowing over
LINX.

Following the issue on 1st July we already are working on a permanent
solution to this problem and will issue a maintenance notification
here when we are ready to deploy it.

Best regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
Lead Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.