[Comtec Announce] [Core Network] Service Alert 14th February 2014 - Update 6

David Croft david at sargasso.net
Fri Feb 21 13:51:29 GMT 2014

This is an incident notification regarding Internet connectivity at
site LSREI01 (Comtec House).

Date: Friday, 14th February 2014
Start time: 13:42 GMT
End time: 18:38 GMT

Services affected:

Internet access at LSREI01 (Comtec House).

Report:

At 13:42 we observed flapping in a third party circuit out of Comtec
House. Failover to the backup lines happened automatically and
services to Comtec House continued to operate, albeit on reduced
resilience.

Our supplier advised that they were experiencing a nationwide major
service outage (MSO) across their network.

We have now received the RFO from our supplier as follows:

"This fault was caused by a faulty link between two of our core
network sites, Hersham and Brentford.

The fibre optic cables were cleaned, which resolved the problem, and
services have been stable since this was done."

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [SUJ-701-70770].

Best regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
IT - Network Engineering

Sargasso Networks
http://www.sargasso.net/

For support enquiries please always contact support at sargasso.net
and not any named individual. UK: 0845 034 5020 USA: 212-400-1694