[Comtec Announce] Maintenance window 3rd November 2012

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Fri Oct 26 08:10:29 BST 2012

Please be advised of the following maintenance window scheduled on our network:

Date: Saturday, 3rd November 2012
Start time: 20:00 UTC
End time: 22:00 UTC

Purpose

Replace temporary router installed at our Telecity (LNPOP02) data centre.

As resolution to the incident at this location on 29th September, a
temporary substitute router was installed to this site. During this
maintenance window we will return the repaired original router to
service.

We will also take this opportunity to perform cable management in this
data centre to increase the available contiguous rack space.

Impact

Customers single-homed to LNPOP02 will experience loss of connectivity
for a few minutes at several points during this window.

The new router will be powered up prior to being swapped into service,
so we are expecting no more than a few minutes outage for that swap.
In the event of a problem, the current router will be returned to
service.

In order to tidy cables it will also be necessary to relocate
equipment in an ordered fashion to rationalise a number of
third-party-installed carrier circuits that are crossing each other at
this location. We will keep such interruptions to a minimum.

Mitigation

Customers who have a resilient solution from us will observe that we
will prepend/depref their Telecity connection, forcing their traffic
over the alternate route, for the entire duration of this window. This
is in order to avoid multiple unnecessary failovers during the window.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket LKX-183-68732.

Regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.