[Comtec Announce] Maintenance windows 16th and 18th March 2012

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Wed Feb 29 18:05:45 GMT 2012

Please be advised of the following maintenance windows scheduled on
our network and those of other UK ISPs:

Date: Friday, 16th March 2011
Start time: 00:01 GMT (00:01 UTC)
End time: 04:00 GMT (04:00 UTC)

Date: Sunday, 18th March 2011
Start time: 00:01 GMT (00:01 UTC)
End time: 04:00 GMT (04:00 UTC)

Purpose

As part of the expansion of the London Internet Exchange (LINX), of
which we are member, some renumbering work is required.

Impact

Due to our redundant network connectivity and dual LINX connections,
we are expecting no significant operational impact from this work.
However, routing to certain destinations may be suboptimal during
these windows. The consequences of this may be slightly increased
latency or packet loss.

There will be a period of parallel running during which members of the
LINX Extreme network will operate on both old and new addresses. While
we are hopeful that all members complete their renumbering in a timely
manner, there remains the possibility that some members will take
longer to complete, so please be warned of possible suboptimal routing
beginning on 16/3.

Please note that is not specific to Sargasso Networks and will affect
all UK and international ISPs that connect to the LINX. We will be
monitoring the migration carefully, but it will be largely out of our
hands, in the control only of those ISPs who are late to renumber.
Nevertheless, we will ensure that our critical peering partners
including our IP Voice services are not adversely affected.

Regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Sargasso Networks
http://www.sargasso.net/

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.

--
David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.