[Comtec Announce] Security Response to CSCsg02323

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Thu Sep 27 15:17:28 BST 2007

Cisco have released a security vulnerability report to bug ID
CSCsg02323, documented at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sr-20070926-lb.shtml

We have determined that our network IS vulnerable to this bug and are
responding as follows:

#1 Access lists are currently being deployed across the network under
our emergency change control procedures to defend affected devices.

#2 All affected devices will be patched during an upcoming maintenance
window next week.

There should be no immediate impact to your service while we hotfix
the network but there will be short outages during next week's
maintenance window which I will announce nearer the time.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [Comtec#2007092779000051].

Regards,

David Croft