[Comtec Announce] [Core Network] Informational Notice 18th December 2018 - Barclays

David Croft david.croft at comtec.com
Tue Dec 18 16:31:26 GMT 2018

A number of customers have reported an inability to access
https://cashmanagement.barclays.net/ since the weekend

We have conclusively proved that there is no issue on our network,
even going as far as to packet capture at all of our border routers
which has verified that absolutely no response is being received from
157.83.99.50 to the TCP SYN packets which initiate the connection.

We have been in contact with Barclays's DDoS protection provider
Akamai/Prolexic who, while unable to divulge the exact problem due to
the nature of their business, have also absolutely confirmed that the
issue is not on their network but with Barclays.

We have reached out to Barclays through multiple channels in an
attempt to reach an network engineer in the correct department to
diagnose and fix this problem however as yet they have not been
responsive.

Regards

David Croft

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.

David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Comtec

DO MORE TODAY. Our aims: to be the best, to make a difference while pushing our limits.

E: David.Croft at comtec.com
T: 01737 339298| F: 0845 8991401
W: www.comtec.com
W: www.comtecpower.com

[http://www.comtec.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/comtec-email-logo.jpg]<http://www.comtec.com/>

Registered Office: Comtec House, Albert Road North, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9EL

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email transmission (and/or the documents accompanying it) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone to arrange for the return of the documents. The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer system. Whilst the sender has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage that you may sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments to this email.