[Comtec Announce] [Core Network] Service Alert 22nd May 2018

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Tue May 22 17:35:34 BST 2018

This is an incident notification regarding an outage on our core network.

Date: Tuesday, 22nd May 2018
Start time: 14:46 BST
End time: 16:44 BST (Final clear)

Services affected:

Intermittent partial and total outage across our network

Report:

A failure of a network device in our core network led to a cascade of
additional failures across the network.

Controlled shutdowns of portions of our network were necessary to
bring it back to a stable state in order to fully restore service.

Both the failure and the controlled shutdowns caused packet loss and
temporary routing failures to services hosted on or delivered through
our network.

Our network is built with a high level of resilience, and we and our
vendor are investigating as a matter of urgency how this failure was
able to have such a wide-reaching impact and the steps we will need to
take to prevent it recurring.

Regards,

--
David Croft
Lead Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.