[Comtec Announce] [Core Network] Service Alert 19th November 2014

David Croft david at sargasso.net
Wed Nov 19 15:22:14 GMT 2014

This is an incident notification regarding Internet connectivity.

Date: Wednesday, 19th November 2014
Start time: 14:50 GMT

Services affected:

Internet access.

The LONAP peering exchange is experiencing issues which is having a
knock-on effect on Internet connectivity across UK ISPs.

Report:

Due to an ongoing instability on the LONAP peering exchange causing
packet loss and dropped sessions, we have shut down our connections in
order to reduce the impact to our customers.

Traffic will be routed via resilient alternate peering and transit routes.

We will await an all-clear from LONAP before re-establishing
connections overnight.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#OTX-874-67976].

Regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
IT - Network Engineering

Sargasso Networks
http://www.sargasso.net/

For support enquiries please always contact support at sargasso.net
and not any named individual. UK: 0845 034 5020 USA: 212-400-1694