[Comtec Announce] [ADSL/FTTC] Service Alert 9th June 2014 - Update 5

David Croft david at sargasso.net
Tue Jun 10 12:50:53 BST 2014

This is an incident notification regarding ADSL/FTTC services.

Date: Monday, 9th June 2014
Start time: 11:00 BST (UTC+0100)
End time: 11:44 BST (Workaround applied)
End time: 10 June 12:22 BST (Resilience restored)

Services affected:

ADSL/FTTC customers, excluding Cloud Ethernet FTTC.

Report:

We experienced an issued that caused all ADSL/FTTC customers to
disconnect and be unable to reconnect. We determined that this issue
was not caused by our network and escalated this matter with our
supplier.

At that time we put into place a workaround allowing customers to
reconnect using a backup route.

Our supplier has determined that the root cause was a bug in Brocade
software causing an invalid configuration to be applied to a core
network router. This issue was resolved in conjunction with Brocade
TAC.

The primary path has therefore been tested and put back into service.
At this time, all services are operating normally with full
resilience.

This is the final update.

Comtec NOC was tracking this issue under ticket [#ROI-515-53554].

Best regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
IT - Network Engineering

Sargasso Networks
http://www.sargasso.net/

For support enquiries please always contact support at sargasso.net
and not any named individual. UK: 0845 034 5020 USA: 212-400-1694