[Comtec Announce] [Core Network] Service Alert 14th April 2014

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Mon Apr 14 17:09:38 BST 2014

This is an incident notification regarding a power event at site
LNPOP02 (Telecity HEX 6-7).

Date: Monday, 14th April 2014
Start time: 16:19 BST (UTC+0100)
End time: 16:22 BST (UTC+0100)

Services affected:

Power loss at LNPOP02 (Telecity HEX 6-7).

Report:

At 16:19 we lost power to our equipment at Telecity HEX 6-7. This was
restored immediately and all equipment had completed booting a few
minutes later by 16:22.

This would have affected customers single-homed out of this location.
Other sites were unaffected due to the resilient nature of our
network.

Although our equipment is protected by both UPS and generator backups,
upon investigation by the data centre it was determined that the cause
of this outage was human error by a Telecity engineer working on a
nearby cabinet not related to our own.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#GML-273-50413].

Regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.