[Comtec Announce] [IP Voice Services] - Final Post Incident Review : IPVS Network Incident 01/09/2011

Courtenay Mills courtenay.mills at comtec.com
Sun Sep 18 22:24:13 BST 2011

Please see BT's final post incident review to the Service Alert reviewing the IPVS network incident on 01/09/2011:

COMMUNICATION

The distribution list is now part of the weekly Support Centre back-up routine ensuring an up to date copy of the list is available locally which will allow us to send instant briefings out to all customers in the event our support ticketing system fails.

Short ‘text-only’ updates will be issued to the distribution list hourly to reassure all concerned parties that the investigation is on-going.
Full details of any incident will be issued once investigations complete/issue resolved.

PORTAL AVAILABILITY

Portal availability has been reviewed to see how we can prevent future downtime in the event of a failure similar to the recent outage.  Due to growth and the associated increase in demand on the portals, planned investment into increasing the resilience and redundancy of the portals has now been brought forward.  Beginning within the next 2 quarters, focus on portal development and resiliency will be significantly increased.

The expected updates on this investment activity will be communicated in the usual manner through the normal PEW (Planned Engineering Works) process as we process this.

Regards,

Comtec Network Operation Centre

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com or
0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.