[Comtec Announce] Emergency maintenance windows 3 October, 5 October 2007

Matthew Rogerson matthew.rogerson at comtec.com
Wed Oct 3 11:42:59 BST 2007

Please be advised that we have scheduled two emergency maintenance windows to resolve security vulnerabilities within our network:

Maintenance Window 1
Date: Wednesday, 3 October 2007
Start time: 21:00 BST
End time: 21:30 BST

Maintenance Window 2
Date: Friday, 5 October 2007
Start time: 21:00 BST
End time: 21:30 BST

Purpose

The purpose of this maintenance is:

#1 To upgrade switch software in response to security vulnerability
CSCsg02323 [Comtec#2007092779000051].

#2 To upgrade Linux servers in response to Debian Security advisories DSA 1378 and DSA 1381 [Comtec#2007092879000031].

Impact

Customers with web hosting will experience a short outage during window 1 while their machine is rebooted. This is expected to last 2-5 minutes.

Customers with virtual machines hosted on our servers will experience a short outage during window 2 while we shut down their virtual machine and reboot the host computer. This is expected to last 5-10 minutes.

Customers connected redundantly to our network should not experience any other impact during these windows. We have divided the maintenance in two to allow our built-in redundancy to ensure operational continuity.

However, customers connected to a single switch may notice an outage of up to 10 minutes during one of these windows while we upgrade switches. Odd numbered devices are being upgraded during window 1, even numbered devices are being upgraded during window 2.

Regards,
Matthew Rogerson
Technical Engineer
Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
Albert Rd North
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel:  0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401

Web: www.comtec.com
<http://www.comtec.com>Ranked No.4 In Deloitte Fast 50.
Comtec Enterprises Ltd, Registered In England and Wales 3772881.
CONFIDENTIAL:- The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential. Its is intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are not the named addressee please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person other than the intended addressee(s).