[Comtec Announce] NTT transit degradation 29/8/2007

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Wed Aug 29 22:38:09 BST 2007

NTT have advised us that their telco is performing emergency
maintenance on their New York to London circuit. Although we do not
anticipate any problems, there will be suboptimal routing to US
destinations during this time.

This outage began at 9pm BST and will continue until 1am BST.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under reference
Comtec#2007082979000067. Full details follow.

Regards,

David

------------->

Hello!

This is a message to let you know of an outage that recently occurred on
the NTT Communications Global IP Network router to which you are
connected.

This outage was due to an emergency maintenance about which we,
unfortunately, were not able to notify you in time.

This maintenance was essential to NTT Communications Global IP Network's
overall network health, and we thank you for your patience while we made
necessary upgrades to the system.

The details of the outage are below:

Outage Window: From 08/29/2007 20:00 to 08/30/2007 00:00

All dates and times are in UTC format (Universal Time Conversion
format). For assistance in converting UTC to your time zone, please
see the chart located at:

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/maps/utc/toutc.rxml

Device: r00.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net

Customer Impact:
Customers may notice sub-optimal routing between New York & London as
telco performs emergency maintenance on that backbone circuit.  There
is redundancy so the impact will be minimal if noticed at all.

Reason for Outage:
This is a result of emergency telco maintenance on the backbone
circuit between New York to London.

For more information, please contact NTT Communications Global IP
Network support at: 1-877-688-6625 and refer to Siebel Problem Report
number VNOC-1-755977771.

Thank you for your understanding. We appreciate your business!

Regards,
NTT Communications Global IP Network