[Sargasso Announce] Scheduled maintenance periods

David Croft david at sargasso.net
Thu May 10 04:34:10 BST 2007

Dear client,

Further to my e-mail of last week, I would like to announce the following
maintenance periods. These windows will enable us to improve the network
and systems in the areas of redundancy and security.

Thursday 10 May 10pm-2am EDT (Friday 3am-7am BST)

* Routers will be upgraded with additional memory to support newer
software.
* Latest IOS software will be installed to support new line cards.
* New line cards will be installed.
* There will be a 30-40 minute outage during this window.

Sunday 13 May 5pm-2am EDT (10pm-7am BST)

* Annual server maintenance.
* Upgrade of all servers to Debian 4.0.
* Individual servers will be down for 10-15 minutes during this window.

Wednesday 16 May 10pm-2am EDT (Thursday 3am-7am BST)

* Additional redundant transit links will be installed.
* Testing of failure scenarios and automatic re-routing.
* Short outages may be experienced during this window.

Friday 18 May 9pm-3am EDT (Saturday 2am-8am BST)

* Renumbering of all servers to new IP addresses.
* Old IP addresses will continue to run in parallel for 2 weeks.
* Each server will have ~5 minutes downtime during this window.

If you have any questions regarding the above, please get in touch.

Regards,

David