[Sargasso Announce] Scheduled maintenance 12/16/03

David Croft david at sargasso.net
Thu Dec 11 23:33:33 GMT 2003

Maintenance Window Begins:

EST: Dec 16, 2003 00:00:00 (United States East Coast)
PST: Dec 15, 2003 21:00:00 (United States West Coast)
GMT: Dec 16, 2003 05:00:00 (United Kingdom)

Maintenance Window Ends:

EST: Dec 16, 2003 03:00:00 (United States East Coast)
PST: Dec 16, 2003 00:00:00 (United States West Coast)
GMT: Dec 16, 2003 08:00:00 (United Kingdom)

Affected Services:

All services, all clients hosted or colocated in our NYC1 data center.

Purpose:

We will be upgrading our core routing infrastructure to better
handle projected capacity requirements and take fuller advantage of the
redunancy in our Internet routing.

A three hour window has been allocated for this maintenance, however
within this window, each individual server is estimated to be affected for
no more than 30 minutes.

Contingency Plan:

A rollback procedure has been prepared for this maintenance and will be
enacted should the cumulative total outage exceed 1 hour. If this should
occur we will be restoring all systems to their previous states and will
reschedule the work after a postmortem analysis.

--

David Croft
Sargasso Networks
Network Engineering