[Sargasso Announce] Planned outage, 17 Jan 2003

David david at sargasso.net
Fri Jan 17 15:22:07 GMT 2003

Over the past few days, a core router at our NYC1 data center has become
increasingly unreliable, resulting in several temporary outages of < 1
minute each.

This evening at 10pm EST (7pm PST, 3am Saturday GMT) you will encounter a
brief outage while we perform urgent maintenance. The scope of the work is
to replace core1.nyc1 with a more powerful router. This work is expected
to complete within 20 to 30 minutes. During the last five minutes of work,
your service may be intermittently available while the situation
stabilizes.

We apologize for the short notice on this work, which is necessary to
ensure ongoing smooth operation of our services.

Regards,

David

--

David Croft