[Comtec Announce] Maintenance window 18th May 2013

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Thu May 9 22:26:11 BST 2013

Please be advised of the following maintenance window scheduled by one
of our transit providers:

Date: Saturday, 18th May 2013
Start time: 22:00 BST (21:00 UTC)
End time: Sunday 02:00 BST (01:00 UTC)

Purpose

During a risk analysis of [#DZS-569-97166] scheduled for 30th May, we
identified a single point of failure in Level 3's network affecting
both our resilient circuits.

We have decided that it is prudent to address this matter ahead of the
30th May maintenance, even though we would have redundant transit from
other providers should both Level 3 circuits fail.

During this window Level 3 will re-route one of our geographically
diverse transit connections.

Impact

We are not expecting any operational impact due to the redundancy
built into our network. The other port will be unaffected by this
work, as will our other transit and peering arrangements.

We will cleanly shut down this session prior to the work commencing to
prevent any packet loss during failover.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#ZKO-122-50094].

Regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.