[Comtec Announce] [IP Voice Services] - Service Alert : SAA0054 SBC 16/01/2012 - Update 5

Michael Cullen michael.cullen at comtec.com
Wed Jan 16 16:38:49 GMT 2013

We have received the following update from BT and they have confirmed that the issue has been resolved.

If you are still having issues then please try rebooting your phone system or hosted handset in the first instance and then raise a support ticket in the normal way if you are having further issues.

Regards,

Michael

There was a re-occurrence of this issue between 1125 and 1130.

This issue has now been resolved and root cause analysis has identified the following:

1. At 1100 we witnessed traffic rise to unusually high levels.

2. Due to the abnormally high level of this traffic our management platform alerted our NOC Team to the issue immediately.

3. The congestion caused by this increase caused a subset of customer endpoints to loose registration and/or the ability to initiate or receive new calls. At this stage all active calls were maintained.

4. The NOC Team worked to identify the root cause of the traffic increase.

5. Between 1105 and 1125 normal traffic levels resumed and all effected endpoints re-registered and were able to establish new calls.

6. Between 1125 and 1130 the congesting level of traffic re-occurred causing some endpoints to lose registration and/or be unable to make and receive calls again.

7. At 1127 the NOC Team were able to identify the source of the traffic through the use of real time and historic logging.

8. At 1130 protection mechanisms were implemented to prevent the offending source from continuing to originate traffic.

9. We are now working with the Vendor of our Core Architecture on this issue to understand why this source was allowed to introduce such high levels of traffic. Only when this has been addressed will we relax the protection mechanisms put in place.

Once again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

A further update will be supplied once investigations in conjunction with our Vendor are complete.