[Comtec Announce] [IP Voice Services] - Service Alert 03/11/2011: Call Quality - RFO

David Croft david at comtec.net.uk
Thu Nov 3 22:23:39 GMT 2011

Further to this morning's issues, we have received an RFO from our IP
Voice partner.

At approximately 09:30 GMT packet loss was observed and call quality
was degraded on inbound audio as one of their internal servers flooded
traffic across an interlink between their internal switches. Engineers
worked quickly to identify and resolve the root cause of the problem,
which was fully stabilised by 09:55 GMT.

At Comtec we fully appreciate how important consistent high voice
quality is to our clients who rely on us for their telephony, and we
take any degradation of voice quality seriously. Our team has been
engaged at the highest level throughout today with our partner to
understand the reason for this outage and the steps being taken to
prevent a recurrence. Over the coming days we will continue to follow
this up until we are satisfied that appropriate steps have been taken
to ensure service quality going forwards and to communicate issues in
a timely manner.

Once again we apologise for the problems you encountered this morning.
If you have any further queries, please contact your account manager
or the Comtec NOC.

Best regards,

David Croft

--
David Croft
Lead Network Engineer

Comtec Enterprises Ltd
Comtec House
46a Albert Road North
Reigate Industrial Estate
Reigate
Surrey RH2 9EL

Tel: 0845 899 1400
Fax: 0845 899 1401
www.comtec.com

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com
or 0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.